Monday, November 22, 2010

The many outfits of Lady GaGa...part 1...

I wouldn't have the time or patience to make a post about every single outfit Lady Gaga has worn. However, I have chosen some of the most well known and decided to make my own critique about them! I don't like all of them, I love some of them...so welcome to the many outfits of Lady GaGa!

--------------------

The "Monster" Dress

This dress is the outfit which Lady GaGa wears during her performance of her song "Monster" in her show. There is no official title for the dress, but my favourite description for the dress is one that I made up myself.

This dress looks as though GaGa got lost in a washing basket.

Don't get me wrong, I like it. Kind of. It's original. It's certainly something that has never been seen before. But...

It's a load of hair covering her body. When she performs with it on, she shimmys from side to side and the first time I ever saw her perform with it (which was actually the first night SHE ever performed with it)...I honestly laughed so hard. I've grown accustom to it now. I'm fond of it.

But look at it...she looks like the long lost Italian American sister in The Muppets.



Fishnet Frenzy

Lady GaGa loves her fishnet tights. She's never had a problem admitting it. She wears them with every outfit she can. This outfit was worn at Lollapalooza 2010, as she watched her friends (and opening act) Semi Precious Weapons perform.

THIS OUTFIT IS FIERCE!

She looks like a rock superstar. The jacket is studded and beaded and all kinds of fabulous. The fishnets look epic with the jacket. Her sunglasses are so amazing...and her hair is...

HER HAIR! I love her hair like this. She wore it for about a week after this, but it has disappeared since then and I'll admit that I miss it. It suits her so much!

This outfit gets a major thumbs up from me!



Alexander McQueen

This dress and the matching shoes were created by Alexander McQueen and they were some of the last things he created before he died. GaGa had worn this dress once previously, during a photoshoot from Vanity Fair which was released a month or two before this event.

I think this dress is absolutely stunning. It's far more formal than what Gaga usually wears, and it fitted her body amazingly. Definitely one of the most beautiful outfits she has ever worn, on one of the most important nights of her career. She wore this on the night she also wore the meat dress, so it's pretty cool when you think about how they contrast.

I'm a fan of the shoes. I know that a lot of people are not, but I think that the design is so original. They are hell to walk in from what I've heard, but as GaGa says - fashion isn't about comfort.

The headpiece could have been done without, it takes away from the wig she was wearing, which looks somewhat angelic. The tinting colours of blue/grey and lavender look fabulous together. The headpiece adds the "GaGa" to the outfit, but it also takes away from the beauty of the entire piece.

One of her best outfit choices ever, for sure.

------------------------------

So...that's my first post on the many outfits of Lady GaGa! More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment